Saturday, June 7, 2008

End of the Year

It has (yet again) been a while since I've updated, mostly because I've been very busy. There's lots of good news to share though.

Densities, for piano, is finished, for the time being. It was given a premiere by William Fried a few weeks ago, in a well attended concert. The crowd seemed to like it, so that was very exciting.

At the same concert Kimberley Turney gave the premiere of An Everchanging House, which I wrote almost two years ago. It got a great recording by Harvey Sollberger, but was never actually performed until now, and a few people there really dug that one too. Harvey's recording is on my myspace page.

The UCSD guitar ensemble gave a second (and final) performance to Under a Neon Sky. This won me the Stewart Prize from the music department, for the most outstanding creative work of the year. 

A week after that was my senior guitar recital, which was small and informal, with just a few friends, but I did perform Steve Reich's "Electric Counterpoint" with the ensemble, and that was sweet.

Yet another week later came the second performance of the Reich, on the ensemble's year end concert. This completely sold out, and marks my first sold out show. This is very exciting.

I'm in Newbury Park right now, and am driving up to Ojai each day until Sunday for the Ojai Music Festival. It's great so far, but I'll give a full update once it's over.

No comments: